One of our clients is a multi-national banking group headquartered in Western Europe. With total assets of over $1.1 trillion USD, it is one of the largest banks in the world, servicing more than 53 million clients in more than 40 countries. A major participant in a variety of financial markets worldwide, it has become world renowned for its widespread funding of sporting, arts and education.
Currently, the client is looking to embark on a huge change programme, with the aim of simplifying their IT environment from several third party and in-house applications, into one consolidated application that will act as a position management tool. In addition to this change programme, the client has requested Phi’s team to support them as they embark on a major Front and Middle Office Summit upgrade from V5.6 to V6.3. Given the size of the client and the version jump, this is a major upgrade in scale, and the client is eager to make sure that the process is carried forward efficiently in accordance to their go-live date.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure the seamlessness of this upgrade, we are looking for a Summit BA / Support Expert who will who is able to provide day-to-day BAU and upgrade support to the users, both from a technical and business perspective on UAT and production environments
- Specifically, this will include analysis, design and test of code changes and close cooperation with the Product Owner and with the Developers to help resolve Production issues, as well as add new features for the system, which to address various business requirements or regulatory requirements
- Alongside these tasks will be providing support for the interactions between Summit and other Financial Markets systems (such as MarkitWire, Murex, Bloomberg, etc.), deliver changes and new functionalities, helping at the same time to maintain a robust and reliable application
- As a key member of the team, you will be working with a global user base of Risk Managers, Trades and Sales from across the globe, to address any issues
- The ideal candidate for this role will have 7+ years of experience in the Summit space
- This will include proven experience of having successfully handled Summit implementation, migration or upgrade projects, with most recent version exposure being at least V5.6, but with heavy preference given to those with exposure to Summit V6.2
- As well as a good understanding of the Summit data model, experience with Summit modules such as Deal capture around IRS’s, CDS and Bonds, Market Data, Risk and State transitions is necessary
- Technically, the ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of SQL, and be able to use Linux commands at an intermediate level.
This is a unique opportunity to join a world leading Capital Markets IT consultancy, working with some of the best technically minded professionals in the industry. Giving you exposure to one of the elite global bank groups and play an integral role in their digital transformation over the next 18 months.