Phi is supporting a Tier-1 Global Asian Financial Group, which is one of the largest financial services companies in Japan by market capitalization, counting over 60,000 employees globally and over $1.8 trillion in Assets Under Management. The bank operates within a range of various financial services, including sales and trading in both debt and equity securities on a global level.
The bank is currently undergoing a range of IT Change Programmes aimed at raising the technology innovation across the board. Specifically, the client has started in October 2021 and planned over 80 IT projects spread across finance, corporate systems, investment and retail banking IT to continue into 2022, leading to a critical need for an improved business change across the bank.
Within this respect, Phi Partners is building a team to deliver PMO as a service to support the client’s PMO function from both and IT and operational perspective and we are now looking for a Lead PMO
to join this initiative. The Lead PMO will aid Phi in building and grow the team to 5 or more PMOs by the end of Q4 of 2022 and help the standardisation of some practices whilst providing guidance to Junior PMOs and contribute to quality assurance.
- As the Lead PMO, you and the PMO team will be preparing and tracking project timelines and milestone plans whilst preparing and following up the Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) providing all the relevant information.
- You will be working in close cooperation with the Head PM, adding value whilst bringing best practices into place.
- You may be required to assist the Head PMO by preparing for monthly governance for the change committee, which manages the disbursement of CTB budgets and evaluates the business case and opens funding.
- You will also bring together all admin processed by the PMOs for the change committee and follow-up on actions to make sure that committees run efficiently.
- In addition, the role will require you to be involved in resource tracking as well as setting up timesheets whilst maintaining keen attention to details.
- You will be supporting Finance by analysing budget vs actual, documenting and building forecasts, and participate in yearly budget definition processes at the end of the financial year.
- There is a possibility of holding individual workshops and conducting training courses on project management methods, reporting and metrics, and planning platforms for any juniors.
- As a member of the delivery team, Phi are looking for a Lead PMO with more than 6 years of past proven experience working as a PMO in the Banking industry.
- In addition, someone with a strong understanding of budgets and forecasts, preferably with a background in accounting or finance, along with abilities to build timesheets and assist in project planning, as well as analyse financial data, project budgets, and risks.
- The ideal candidate will have experience leading teams and be required to have the ability to see the big picture while also being attentive to detail.
- It would be mandatory for the candidate to possess skills in Microsoft Excel, in addition to PowerPoint skills as you may be involved in ad-hoc tasks which will require the analysis and the ability to distil large amounts of data to be presented in appealing visuals.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside some of the finest technicians in the industry for the long-term, working for a top Tier 1 investment bank on a multi-year programme. We offer a stimulating work environment to challenge you to develop your technology and business expertise in one of the largest Murex implementation and migration in the world.