One of our clients is a multinational banking group headquartered in Western Europe. With total assets of over $1 trillion USD, it is one of the largest banks in the world, servicing more than 38 million clients in more than 40 countries. The bank is a major actor in Capital Markets within Equities, Fixed Income, Credit, Forex, and Commodities. It has become world-renowned for its widespread funding of sporting, arts, and education.
The client has developed an in-house Pricing Architecture platform consisting of multiple components that enable real-time and batch calculations of financial risk metrics and simulations. They are driven by new regulations as well as advanced Risk analysis on the derivative product portfolio of Financial Markets. This platform is used by their global dealing rooms and risk managers in Asia, Europe, and the Americas, with scrum teams spread across the world.
As a result, Phi is looking for a hands-on and experienced Java Back End Developer to join our client’s office working hybrid to support the platform. The candidate is expected to be located at the client’s location and be responsible to work on the latest technologies with large data sets.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The developer will be required to build microservices-based applications running in the cloud
- Influence technology choices and architecture of newly built components and services
- Aim for serverless solutions based on Linux, virtualization, containers, docker, Kubernetes
- Design and develop the automated unit, integration, and regression tests
- Liaise business requirements with the Product Owner and Feature Engineer then delivers and support it on to their global users
- 3 + years of experience
- Experience in Java 8+ and other JVM language (Preferably Spring Boot, Kotlin, Scala, Closure)
- Experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tooling/practices
- Experience in developing automated testing
- Comfortable with relational databases and SQL, understands IT security concepts
- Strong analytical skills, proactive, and ability to work in cross-border international teams
- Experience working for investment banks is highly viewed upon
This is a rare opportunity to join a world-leading Capital Markets IT consultancy and work with some of the best-regarded developers in the industry. This will give you fantastic exposure to working in a banking group that is held in high esteem on an international scale. It is also a unique chance to engage in long-term projects from initiation to completion and utilize the latest technologies.