Phi is supporting one of the largest North American Tier 1 investment banks with over 88,000 employees and has over $930 billion in global assets under management through its investment trust
and wealth management advisory businesses. The client provides a variety of investor services and capital-raising solutions to corporations, financial institutions, private equity, and public-sector organizations. The bank has recently invested significantly across its capital markets business and technology groups and has hired numerous world-class professionals in the financial industry.
Our client’s RiskHub is a cross-asset platform aimed at managing intraday and EOD Risk, Valuations, and PnL for Capital Markets. Key stakeholders of the RiskHub are front office trading, head of desks, Quants, and Global & Local risk managers. RiskHub is now the toolkit of choice for Equity Derivatives.
As a result, Phi is looking for a hands-on and experienced Java Backend Developer to join the client’s current RiskHub team and lead the software development for onboarding Equity Derivative Risk, Valuations, and PnL datasets into RiskHub. The candidate is expected to be responsible for ensuring the timely delivery of these strategic projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, code, test, debug, implement and support a strategic intraday in real-time and EOD risk and PnL application while pairing up with traders and other technology partners
- Furthermore, you will be a part of a wider team that is the poster child of Capital Markets technology (i.e. RiskHub) and contribute effectively while participating in Agile ceremonies
- 3 + years of experience and familiarity with concepts of REST, GraphQL
- Highly skilled in Java 8 and other core-Java concepts around data structures, streams, and multithreading
- Hands-on experience in Springboot, SQL, CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins, Cucumber BDD, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills; should be able to work and collaborate effectively with the global RiskHub team to deliver best-in-class technology solutions
- Ability to navigate around ambiguity & changing requirements
This is a rare opportunity to join a world-leading Capital Markets IT consultancy and work with some of the best-regarded engineers in the industry. This will give you fantastic exposure to working in a banking group that is held in high esteem on an international scale. This is also an exciting, unique, and greenfield initiative where the development team will get the opportunity to pair up with traders to drive this initiative by combining best-in-class technologies.