One of our clients is a Tier 1 investment bank with over 15,000 employees globally across more than 30 countries in Europe, Asia and North America. The bank is a major player in Capital Markets within Equities, Fixed Income, Credit Derivatives, FX and Commodities; commanding more than €820 billion in Assets-Under-Management.
In line with the client’s aim to adapt and evolve alongside the FinTech market, they have embarked on a monumental 5-year transformation plan. Phi has been selected to play a crucial part in all three phases throughout this change-period. The client’s Global Summit Hub are looking to increase their Back-Office development capacity for their upgrade to the latest version of Summit V6.3.
Phi is constructing an initial team of experts to support this project, which will continue to expand alongside the progress of the client’s transformation. You will be working closely with the back office users and accounting departments to upgrade all of the relevant Summit modules to support their business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that this upgrade is carried out seamlessly, Phi is looking for Summit Back-Office API Developers with 5+ years of development experience who has worked within the Summit V6.X environment
- You will be upgrading and customising various Back-Office modules (incl. trade enrichment, documentation, netting & payments, depo position monitoring, user reporting etc.)
- Your roles will include performing maintenance by monitoring & correcting defects, alongside writing operational manuals and system specifications
- These primary duties will be accompanied by the identifying, reporting and fixing software issues that arise in both the front-end and back-end. In addition, you will be assisting in the build & release activities throughout the upgrade and supporting the client to prepare the production environment
- These tasks will culminate in you aiding the go live and post-go live support as the upgrade itself is completed. This is a predominantly Back-Office focused role, in an environment where French is mandatory
- We are looking for an extremely talented individual with a deep understanding of the nuanced steps involved in a complex Summit upgrade complimented by an equally sound background knowledge of fixed income, interest rate and credit derivatives
- The ideal candidate will have proven C++ skills, ideally with knowledge of SQL concepts, XML formats and STP
- These skills will be complemented by knowledge of Batch Processing, Server implementation instructions and Gateway Loader. Given your responsibility on this project, effective interpersonal communication will be a necessity, as dialogue with our business analysts and the business users will be vital to accurately understand the requirements, diagnosing and resolving any technical issues. Specialised development within Back-Office modules would be highly advantageous
You will have the long-term opportunity to work directly onsite within a tight-knit team of the world’s leading Summit and banking experts. Giving you access to the latest version of Summit, and will give you fantastic exposure working in a banking group that is held in high esteem on an international scale. This is an invaluable chance to play a role in the largest change program the French market has seen in recent years. By joining Phi Partners you will have access to support and training for new FinTech solutions that are breaking into the market.