One of our clients is the central service provider for the Federal Republic of Germany's borrowing and debt management. Where their 300 employees act as pivotal interface between politics and the financial markets. As the representative of the Federal Ministry of Finance, our client is in charge of performing crucial functions in relation to budgets and short-term liquidity funding forming the bridge between governmental requirements and market participants.
Our client has just undergone a large-scale change program within their STP server architecture to enable dynamic load balancing and moved away from a legacy extension of the distribution server for the persistence of cash flows in a database table. The client’s current internal Summit development team is looking to expand to allow for comprehensive support for their growing scale, future projects, maintain business-as-usual for their users, and to drive key components on a day-to-day basis. They operate tightly as a team which will give you access to all of their internal projects and support from the team. Currently, the client is live on Summit V6.2 within a Linux Redhat operating environment and an Oracle database. Their business activities will give you the exposure to a variety of asset classes such as Fixed Income, Money Markets and IRDs.
Phi is looking for a Summit API Developer with 6+ years of experience to permanently join the client’s current internal Summit development team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Specifically, this will include performing production support, integration maintenance, and monitoring & correcting defects/bugs
- Given that every member of the internal team will play a crucial role in every internal project, you can expect to be identifying, reporting, fixing software issues that arise in both the front-end and back-end
- In addition, you will be assisting in the build & release activities on any implementation/upgrade projects, and supporting the users with any new functionality
- These tasks will culminate in you aiding the go live and post-go live support of all internal projects
You will have the unique opportunity to work as a permanate employee for the client first on a remote basis before transitioning to in-person collaboration with a close-knit team of industry leading Summit experts. This is an invaluable opportunity for you to get permanent direct internal access to the development of the Finance Agency of Germany. With the distinct project delivery style of the internal team, you will gain access to all areas and types of Summit development projects.
- The ideal Summit API Developer for this role will have recent experience working within a Summit V6.X environment and a deep understanding of the Summit API & Datamodels
- Technically, we are looking for someone who has strong experience in C++, ideally with knowledge of STP, SQL concepts, XML formats and JIRA. This knowledge will be complemented by the ability to maintain the SDLC through Development, Test, UAT and Production, including software versioning systems
- As this client provides a variety of services, a broad knowledge on financial products such as Money Markets, Bonds, Swaps, Deal Payments and Repos will be highly advantageous
- Given that you will be working with team based in Frankfurt, an understanding of the German language is very desirable
- Effective interpersonal communication will be a necessity, as dialogue with business analysts and the business users will be vital in your contributions to internal project discussions