Location: Bucharest, Romania
Our exceptional capacity of investment banking and vendor technology specialists enables us to offer a full range of consulting services to our clients. For four years now, we have been supporting the Securities and Investment Banking arm of a major Asian Financial Group, with close to 2 trillion USD AUM and more than 50.000 employees worldwide, making them a truly modern powerhouse within the financial sphere.
Phi have supported the client in the development of an exciting, new and high profile, global risk application suite, which is being rolled out globally to service all of the client entities, from Asia to the Americas. This Global Risk Platform (GRP) covers internal market risk measurement and control, as well as regulatory reporting (FRTB capital and VaR), and we are currently involved in the support of this risk management system, which is being suffering changes due to FRTB regulatory requirements.
Since the FRTB regulation was first announced, the bank has decided to adopt both the SA as well as a sophisticated IMA to cover all desks globally. In addition, they are working towards building an in-house system for VaR that will cover the business worldwide.
The deadline to replace the old system and to collect results to present to regulators is end of 2021, and because of this Phi are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to join the team of brilliant technologists and business specialists which are in charge of the functioning of this platform as it is rolled out globally.
Role and Responsibilities
The role sits within the banks’ middle office, and will be facing both users and developers, with you being involved in:
Technical Skills Required
- Level 2 support capacity under a Follow-The-Sun support model;
- responding to support incidents;
- responding to end-user service requests;
- succinct and timely communication of issues to stakeholders;
- timely producing local and global risk measures as well as reports;
- responsible for release management on GRP UAT and Production environments
- following from change activities;
- coordinating test environment set-up;
- performing end-to-end test runs in all environments as required;
- contributing to operational documentation (e.g. knowledge-library articles, runbooks, etc.)
- managing the infrastructure changes needed to enable access to the platform for
- all users globally;
- shadowing the Snowflake implementation to offer early input on solution design and to
- be ready for production operation from day 1;
- assisting the users with creating queries and dashboards for Snowflake/Tableau.
We are looking for an experienced Support Analyst who has worked within key financial industry domains (i.e. reference data, market data), able to handle multiple work-streams, working in Agile methodology. The ideal candidate will have experience in supporting global systems, specifically within risk domain, and hence well versed with areas such as Market Risk (VaR), Credit Risk (CVaR) and Liquidity Risk. You will need to be knowledgeable about Bonds, Equities, Repos, and Derivatives’ Stress Testing, Greek and Sensitivities, as well as practical with configuration and release management.
With respect to technical skills, we are looking for proficiency in querying multi-dimensional databases using MDX and relational databases using SQL, querying MongoDB, UNIX shell scripting (e.g. bash on Linux) and finally past proven experience working with software configuration management tools (e.g. version control, artefact repositories). Last but not least, we will be looking not only for a very good communicator, but also for someone who is able to proficiently use collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA.