Phi is supporting a Tier-1 Investment Bank, which is one of the largest North American banks by market capitalization, counting over 88,000 employees globally. The bank operates within a range of numerous financial services, including wealth management, investment management and capital markets products and services on a global level. The bank has recently invested significantly across its capital markets business and technology groups, and has hired a number of the sectors best business, trading and technology professionals to form the next generation global game changing environment across its core asset areas – Fixed Income, Equities and FX.
Our client is currently involved in many interesting new technology programs, and is undergoing the process of modernising its pricing and risk infrastructure and aggregate these valuations across assets following various phases based on priorities and complexities.
The bank planned this strategic program with the goal of creating a standardized service to provide their risk department with canonical risk across the Capital Markets within the Equity Derivatives technology business. Within this respect, the bank is now looking for a C# backend developer to work with the Equity Derivatives technology group to support the context of putting in place a new solution for the EQD business and integrate with the data standardization, orchestration, and transformation tools being introduced by the Risk Modernization program.
- Provide support to the bank and be responsible for orchestrating complications for Equity based products at the bank
- You will be working collaboratively with cross-functional teams in an agile function and work closely with the Business Analyst to understand the functionalities, QA and other developers in the team
- The role will require you to work on delivering risk measures downstream to the risk team using the .NET based pricing libraries and front office based engines
- As the bank is trying to expand agile practices with some ceremonies in place, you will be expected to participate in daily meetings with the teams
- You will also have the opportunity to work with other products such as Commodities and FX
- As a member of the team, the client is looking for a Back End Developer with experience of coding in C#/.NET languages and strong technical project-solving skills with a background in development in banking or technology industries
- You must possess a strong desire to build up domain knowledge and relationships with business and technical stakeholders with a delivery focused attitude and a strong will to get things done
- It would be ideal for the developer to have experience adopting Agile project development practices and working with other teams
- Demonstrating skills in developing efficient processing pipelines with applications relating to orchestration, distributed computing and data streaming would be beneficial
- It would be nice to have familiarity with DevOps processes, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, JSON or any risk based services. Knowledge of Java or C++ is a plus
This is a high profile opportunity for an exceptional programme with great business exposure, potential to learn other asset classes, working for a top Tier 1 investment bank on a multi-year programme. We offer a stimulating work environment to challenge you to develop your technology and business expertise in the IT and Capital Markets industry.