Currently, Phi Partners is working with the Trading Division of the Corporate and Investment Banking arm of a full-service bank that is active in all major assets classes; Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX. We are supporting their Global Equity Derivatives Technology team that services the business front-to-back-to-risk, and which is a critical part of their Cross Asset, Platform & Architecture group. Their key stakeholders include project managers within front-office (execution platforms, Traders), middle-office (risk management) and back-office (accounting, P&L, operations).
The client’s technology infrastructure is undergoing a major change programme with the goal of optimising computing power and in the longer-term to leverage Cloud with a web-based framework. This would be done by breaking down its monolithic architecture and replacing it with a microservices framework, with market data services and instrument services being the first two priorities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Microservices Architect that is looking to undertake a challenge and lead technical design sessions, architect, document and develop technical solutions aligned with business objectives across a range of technology stacks.
- As the Senior Architect, you will work on both the client-side and server-side components for the Global Equity Derivatives microservice ecosystem.
- You will develop solutions and applications that will utilized by front office traders to manage their P&L and risk, maintain market-data and run risk scenarios. To facilitate this, the Architect will participate in requirements analysis and application design.
- This role would be suitable for someone that is able to capture and map business requirements to system/technical requirements and would be able to identify relevant gaps.
- The Architect would also be accountable for application integration, event-driven architecture and integrating multiple microservices.
- At the core of it, the role would consist of hands-on coding and high-level design of the architecture.
- You would also have the opportunity to lead and partner with team members to define best technology practices, standardise strategies and to create innovative solutions.
- We are looking for a Senior Microservices Architect with proven experience in implementing Microservices using REST best practices and who has a strong understanding of fundamental design principals behind scalable processes.
- Similarly, the Architect should have some product knowledge of Equities and Equity Derivatives (Risk, P&L, Pricing, etc.). Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a relevant field (e.g. STEM or Finance) would be strongly preferred.
- Outside of historic technical skillsets, the Architect will be a continuous learner with a passion for new technology trends in order to promote innovative solutions. Experience in Agile/Scrum delivery models would also be preferred.
If you want a fast-paced environment with ample opportunities to work with a team of world-class developers, UI designers, Product Managers, Delivery Leads and Business Analysts, please email me a copy of your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your availability for a phone call to discuss this opportunity further.