For the past 4 years, we have been supporting, maintaining and transforming the IT infrastructure for the London-headquartered, investment and retail banking arms of a major Asian banking group. With their variety of cutting-edge and strategic initiatives, this AAA bank, commands over 1.8 trillion USD in AUM, with over 50,000 employees globally. Their service offerings include sales & trading in both debt & equity securities, underwriting of new issues and M&A advisory services.
Our support has spanned from front to back-office, across many key technology areas. Their teams within the Information Systems Department (ISD), service client-facing business units using leading delivery methodologies & techniques (Agile, Containerisation and Continuous Integration) across a wide spectrum of underlying technologies. Within their ISD, the Risk IT team currently have a number of exciting and new initiatives underway. Most notably, Phi Partners will be bolstering the team’s business analysis capacity to continue the implementation project of multi-entity capabilities for their Risk In-House Application Systems (RIHAS). We are looking for a talented Risk IT Senior Business Analyst with 5+ years’ experience to join the existing team comprising of 6 developers & 2 BAs; whereby RIHAS supports a range of 10 C# Risk and 5 Product Control Applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure that this capability for RIHAS continues to be implemented seamlessly, you will have the crucial role of delivering high-level project scoping, and effectively communicating the progress with the key stakeholders in a timely manner. This will require you to deliver detailed business & functional requirements, to then be able to review and challenge the technical & functional designs against the specifications required by the business.
- These primary duties will be accompanied by the design & execution of the data quality control framework, and test scripts against the business & functional requirements (incl. destructive testing on the production environment).
- With your expertise, you will also be representing the business requirements in software development workshops and appropriately escalating any issues you have identified to management..
- You must demonstrate a proven track record of successful business analysis within risk-related financial services software development projects, high-volume data processing and comfortable in displaying your creative problem solving through designing and creating new business processes.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Market Risk or Credit Risk who is able to articulate complex concepts, a broad understanding of Fixed Income, Equity, Futures, OTC derivatives and the associated Market Risk measures, along with the ability to conduct business analysis within Market, Credit and Liquidity Risk (Stress Testing and VaR).
- You should have experience within Agile development projects, and familiarity with SQL, JIRA & test tools (Quality Centre & Test Director). All will be complemented with the ability to produce functional specifications that are risk factor specific.
- You should be a confident communicator, with a propensity for interpersonal skills, actively involved in reporting documentation and testing responsibilities.
- This role will offer exposure to an extremely rich technical environment, marked by a highly gifted team with a passion for in-house development.
- Joining Phi will offer a variety of unique opportunities within a dynamic and rapidly growing company, working alongside the most impressive technical minds in the industry; and access to a variety of training programmes, allowing for development.