Phi Partners is supporting a Tier 1 investment bank, which is one of the largest banks in North America by market capitalization, counting over 88,000 employees globally. The bank operates within a range of numerous financial services, including wealth management, investment management and capital markets products and services on a global basis. Specifically, this client uses Murex for Fixed Income, FX businesses and Sophis for Equities and Equity Derivatives.
The bank has recently invested significantly across its capital markets business and technology groups, and has appointed a number of the industry’s top professionals to form the next generation global cutting-edge changing environment across its core asset areas. Within this respect, Phi has built a team of more than 10 resources to bolster the client’s IT delivery capabilities, spanning from Sophis, to other in-house applications.
Murex will be the platform used to manage Fixed Income, Interest Rate Derivatives and other Rates products within the bank’s Capital Markets businesses for the foreseeable future. The client is undergoing a phase 1 Rate Derivatives book of record transformation onto the Murex platform. North American trading is already live in production, and the bank’s next short-term target is to achieve the flow rates transition to Murex, with a London go live by June 2022, followed by a structured rates phase program. To ensure a smooth transition to Murex, Phi is now looking for a Murex consultant, in addition to the resources provided, to grow the team and support us in transforming this leading state-of-the-art rates platform.
Phi is looking to on-board a highly skilled Murex Front Office Business Analyst to work alongside our client’s RTB and CTB functions and be fully involved throughout the project’s full initiation life cycle.
- Migration from the in-house Legacy system to Murex to allow successful on-boarding of the asset classes;
- Contributing ongoing support in BAU trading activities post Mx.3 system implementation;
- Configuring Rates products in Murex;
- Overseeing the full front office delivery stream of this large/multi-year systems transformation program;
- Administering the gap between the traders from all major trading desks and the technical teams;
- Gathering, analysing and interpreting the requirements from the business and transforming them in technical specifications for the development teams;
- Liaising with the quantitative team to interpret greeks and perform P&L and cash flow analysis.
- 5+ years of experience with Murex implementation and integration;
- A strong understanding of Rates products and how they are configured in Murex;
- Extensive experience in configuring new products from scratch (e-Tradepad set up, pre-trade, cash flow analysis and Simulation views);
- Sound knowledge of pricing, Market Risk and Credit Risk, in addition to end-to-end workflow of a trade in the Murex platform;
- Past proven experience in supporting external systems by explaining the MxML message structure;
- Experience working with MLC, reporting Datamart;
- Experience with source code control and configuration on Murex such as Reformx or MXConfig;
- Understanding of end of day Murex batch processes;
- Comprehensive communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to liaise with varied audience across departments.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside some of the finest technicians in the industry, working for a top Tier 1 investment bank. We offer a stimulating work environment to challenge you to broaden your technology and business expertise in a global upgrade of the front to back Murex trading platform.
This will give you the perfect opportunity to advance your career with exposure to potential prospects alongside many other industry leading clients, and gaining market competitive recognition of your contribution to growing with Phi Partners.