Phi Partners is supporting a multi-national banking group headquartered in Western Europe, with total assets under management worth over $1tn, it is one of the largest banks in the world. The bank is a major participant in a variety of financial markets worldwide, it is also well known of its funding of sporting, arts and education. It is a global bank with a strong European base, counting more than 57,000 employees that serve around 38 million customers, corporate clients and financial institutions in over 40 countries.
The bank is currently undergoing a range of IT Change Programmes aimed at raising the technology innovation across the board. The client is planning the decommission of Summit, and within this respect, is looking to have Murex as the database to book trades, as a deal capture of all these trades will move to Murex. The bank is currently trading FX in Murex, and is now looking for a Murex Consultant with experience in Swaps to speed up the project and bring the Summit consultants up to speed on Murex, as well as bring the Murex consultants up to speed on topics these new products (IRDs, IRS) might require that will be on-boarded to Murex for the foreseeable future.
- Phi is looking to on-board a highly skilled technical Murex Front Office Business Analyst with an understanding of the Murex configuration around Interest Rate Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Swaps, IR Structures, TRS, or Bond Options and experience with common events on these trade types and how they need to be entered in Murex.
- As one of the Business Analysts on the team, you will support the gap among the traders from all major trading desks and the technical teams, as you gather, analyse, interpret the requirements from the business, and transform them into technical specifications for the development teams.
- You will be expected to manage positions in Murex, as well as train up the Murex team on products, while providing support to on-going projects with the vendor, how MXpress works, and give input in the process.
- More than 6 years of proven experience working on complex Murex programmes. In addition, someone with a strong understanding of Rates products, Derivatives and Swaps, with regards to how they are configured in Murex.
- The Business Analyst should express knowledge of pricing and risk in addition to the end-to-end workflow of a trade in Murex. Within this respect, the ideal consultant will have experience with creating pre-trade, and experience setting up feeders to DataMart and extract and intraday simulation tools that are used in the Murex by the Front Office to hedge or manage positions in these trade types (Rates, Derivatives and Swaps).
- An understanding of the MXpress methodology used by Murex and what this entails for integrating the standard components into an existing Murex instance is beneficial.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside some of the finest technicians in the industry for the long-term, working for a top Tier investment bank on a long-term initiative. We offer a stimulating work environment to challenge you to develop your technology and business expertise in one of the largest and most complex projects in banking today.