About Phi Partners
Phi is a leading Capital Markets IT consultancy with over 200 consultants worldwide. We have offices in 12 countries globally. These include our HQ in London, England, in addition to our state of the art managed service center in Bucharest, Romania.
Building on Phi’s continuing success in the Vendor Services and Risk space, we have invested strategically in new Practices within the company. Currently, we have a core focus on Big Data & Data Analytics and their uses within Capital Markets. As a result, we are looking to hire Java consultants
to join our rapidly growing specialist team. Successful applicants will have an opportunity to work with cutting edge data analytics technology.
As part of our expanding analytics team you will help to solve technical and business problems on complex projects, using Java and analytics frameworks such as ActivePivot. You will play a key role in delivering robust business intelligence reporting systems for top tier banks. You will develop professionally and personally through applying your skills to interesting and exciting problems, while helping colleagues to grow as well and bringing innovation to the business from the inside.
Technical Skills - Required
Technical Skills - Preferred
- Knowledge of computer science and algorithm fundamentals.
- Good foundation in core Java (version 7/8).
- Development experience with Spring, Maven, SOAP, REST.
- Good understanding of database technologies (RDBMS, SQL).
- Deployment experience within web applications (Tomcat, Jetty).
- Version Control (GIT, SVN, etc.) and Test Driven Development.
- Development with Eclipse.
Responsibilities and Support
- Multi-threaded and low-latency theory and systems.
- Java profiling (JMC, JProfiler, YourKit).
- Java Memory Model and Garbage Collection.
- Big Data/Hadoop/Spark.
- BI/Analytics/Data Science.
You will be expected to work in a team to deliver efficient systems using Java and ActivePivot. Communicating effectively with clients to implement correct functionality and fix issues with systems will be important. You will be trained on ActivePivot and you will work with a team that can help you develop your skills in Java and other analytics platforms.