The client is looking to expand their operations, which resulted in a need to further develop and enhance an in-house enterprise-wide middleware messaging application. They are building out their proprietary, award-winning Enterprise Service Bus (ESB). As Phi Partners supports the client in the commercialisation of its software, we are looking for 4 Java Developer to join Phi Partners’s team of 10 Consultants who are currently providing ongoing support for the client’s Enterprise Messaging team, from Bucharest. The middleware product is being developed on-top of the Ikasan platform in Java, which serves their London business. This is a unique opportunity for the candidate to join a team of highly talented Java experts and build a product that spans across FO, MO and BO.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The developer can expect to develop a cutting-edge software with a goal of reducing latency while maintaining 100% reliability
- The candidate will work across the existing application integration project within the middleware framework and will be working in technical design, development and delivery into test and production areas within a Unix and Windows environment
- In addition to working with the client’s Enterprise Messaging team, the candidate should also expect to work with users across the bank to identify system requirements and produce detailed functional and design specification
- The individual should have experience in Java 8 (or later versions) and JEE, along with experience in Boss, JMS, Spring and Hibernate
- Any previous experience in using integration frameworks (Camel, Mule, Spring Integration, Fuse ESB) is highly viewed upon
- Experience of working with XML based technologies will also be advantageous
- It would also be desirable if the candidate has used containerisation tools such as Docker and container-orchestration system such as Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Lastly, any experience in NoSQL such as MongoDB would also be ideal, along with strong communication skills and the ability to follow best practices according to SOLID principles
- Although not essential, any background operating within investment banks, particularly within the fixed income and fixed income derivative asset class is highly favorable
We offer a stimulating environment to challenge you and build your technology skills in dealing with a complex ESB application. You can expect excellent opportunities for long-term career development with exposure to an AAA rated bank. By joining Phi Partners, you will also have the opportunity to work on multiple crucial technology projects either remotely from our state-of-the-art delivery centre or on-site, if desired.