Phi is supporting a Tier 1 investment bank, which is one of the largest banks in North America by market capitalization, counting over 88,000 employees globally. The client operates within a range of numerous financial services, including wealth management, investment management and capital markets products and services on a global basis. The bank has recently invested significantly across its capital markets business and technology groups, and has hired a number of the sectors best business, trading and technology professionals to form the next generation global game changing environment across its core asset areas – Fixed Income, Equities and FX.
This client has a global FX technology team working on the application of an FX post trade management, risk & reporting system – a critical backbone of bank’s FX trading, bringing exposure to numerous groups front to back. Currently, the client is in the process of implementing an operating system migration project involving a switch from Solaris to Linux. In addition, the client is undertaking a redevelopment of FX post trade management systems moving from C to C++.
The consultant will be working closely with the Head of Post Trade FX Technology on a daily basis, also, interacting with technical and business colleagues across various departments and contributing to part of a global team developing software using agile.
- Code production in line with requirements
- Design, architecture and execution of technical solutions
- 2nd line support assistance when necessary
- Working under lead developers to ensure that tactical and strategic solutions dovetail
- Building strong partnerships with colleagues across all front-office and downstream development teams
- Working closely with business sponsors to understand their requirements
- We are looking for an experienced C++ Developer with strong technical skills, including extensive knowledge of C++, along with substantial expertise in multi-threading and recent experience in Sybase
- Solid understanding of Unix and some scripting languages on Unix platform is also highly desirable
- The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and experience with developing, maintaining, and deploying high-performance, resilient, global applications
This role is a great opportunity to establish yourself as an essential and energetic member of the fast paced and prominent organization within a very dynamic trading environment. Working along world class engineers will expose you to various innovative technologies and established business practices.