Location: London, UK
This is an opportunity for a strong Java developer to join the London based Investment banking unit of a global financial services organisation headquartered in Asia. This client has offices in all the major financial hubs – including London, Tokyo and New York, with over 50,000 staff and assets of over $1.8 trillion.
The role sits within the technology division working on Rates Derivatives and Cash products. The client have recently upgraded their ION trading platform adding various custom components which are used for data gathering and they are looking to extending and supporting the electronic trading systems associated with Rates Derivatives and Cash (Rates & Credit) desks, through a mixture of individual and team-based tasks from small enhancements through to large scale implementations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- We are looking for a Java Developer to join the team and tackle a blend of small changes through to larger scale implementations, using modern delivery methods such as Agile and Containers. Becoming part of this small and highly technical group of professionals, the developer will be dealing with functionalities such as sourcing market data from external vendors eg. BPipe and ION, as well as contribution publication to B2C venues eg. Bloomberg and Tradeweb.
- Other duties will involve pricing of vanilla and custom IRS/Cash products (often using in-house and vendor analytics), automated handling of client enquiries including auto responses and intraday Realtime Risk (IRS). In addition, the team will be ensuring limits and risk controls are enforced, as well as providing valuations to downstream systems, along with maintenance and enhancement of tick data capture.
- Joining this project, you will work closely with the architecture unit, contributing to and influencing ideas and planning sessions. This is a full development lifecycle role, that faces off to the trading desks, working closely with the users, to scope out and analyse their requirements.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong Java developer with experience of opensource Java libraries and frameworks, and worked in a similar environment previously.
- You will need to have the ability to communicate well and explain technology to a non-technical user group, understand their wish list and help them to understand how they can achieve these goals.
- You will also be contributing to architecture decisions, along with evaluation of technologies for research and proof of concept.
- In addition, you will also need to have a good understanding of Interest Rates products, as well as some relevant experience of modern development methods such as Agile.
This is a very interesting role at an exciting time for the development of the trading platform, working with other talented developers, taking a product globally, being involved in the project from start to finish, helping to define the architecture, through the build phase to completion. This project will give you the opportunity to work with a very experienced leadership team who will be good mentors and inspirational to be around.